Thursday 13 December 2007

Credit cards and Apartment!!!

Hi everyone!! I tried to write before but we didn't have Internet, so I'm going to write fast before it happens again (hopefully it wont).

I wanted to tell you that we got our new debit and credit cards from Royal Bank of Canada, so I recommend it to anyone that wants to start a new line of credit from the very beginning :)

I also wanted to tell you that we got an apartment and were approved!!! It's pretty spectacular and when we get the keys I'll take some pictures to show you :) It's a one bedroom and 1 bathroom apartment, with a kitchen with oven and a refrigerator. The building has direct access to the Yonge-Eglington Centre, so we have direct access to a Dominion supermarket (open 24 hours), a movie theater, a lot of stores and the subway!!! Is one of the best neighbourhoods in Toronto and has a warm pool in the last floor of the building, with huge windows where you can see the CN Tower :D Everything for $1260 a month.

We did it with the company Cap Reit, that has great buildings well taken care of, and they understand immigrants so will only ask for bank statements if you don't have a work letter or co-signer, so it's great!! :D

Well, I'll leave you for now, since I have a lot to do, but I wanted to share the good news :D

4 comments:

Johnada said...

Congratulations!

When we moved here, the whole credit card/debit card thing was very confusing for us. We went through Bank of Montreal, and we were very pleased. We had friends that moved at the same time as us from the U.S., and they had many problems with Royal Bank of Canada, especially getting a credit card. But I think it might have had more to do with the person who assisted them. Sometimes that more important than the bank.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you! Renting a place, finding it right before Xmas is awesome, it will feel like home... :$

I'm proud of you girl!

Aiglee said...

Thank you so much!!! :D:D

About the bank, yes, I think it's the person who assist you the most important thing. We got lucky and went to an agency that had a venezuelan working there, so it was excellent!! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good apartment experience with CAP REIT. Hope it is still going well at Yonge and Eglinton