Friday 23 September 2011

Konnichiwa!! (Japanese classes)


Yesterday I started classes at the JCCC (Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre) here in Toronto.

When I was in Venezuela I took one level of Japanese, but didn't go anymore because of timing issues and the teacher was all from "the man first" culture.

Here, I've only had one class and I'm having a blast! Is one day a week, hour and a half, for 10 classes, for $100, not bad! The only bad part is that it's only during spring and fall, so no winter or summer sessions... Still don't know if I'm going to find another place for that time yet, or just wait until spring, but we'll see :)

My class is 8 guys and 5 girls, and everyone has interesting stories on why they are learning japanese; including 2 that are learning so they can comunicate with their parents in law xD

The other funny thing is how many languages we talk. I was talking to the girl sitting next to me, and the guy sitting next to her, and between the 3 of us, we know 5 languages and learning japanese now! Pretty fun :)

No comments: